Auditing IFRS 9
Starting Sep. 19
12 hours online
Auditing IFRS 9
12 Hours Online
2 Days per week (Sunday/Wednesday)
About IFRS 9:
IFRS 9 fundamentally changed the financial instruments accounting.
IFRS 9 implementation is an important issue for banks as it brings about a closer integration of different functions and skills and an inclusion of new instruments.
Auditing IFRS 9 implementation entails an understanding of the IFRS 9 requirements and its application challenges.
Internal Auditors have a strategic and operational role in applying IFRS 9.
This training program equips participants with knowledge and skills needed to evaluate the implementation of IFRS 9 and its impact on different functions of the banks.
Participants will learn about the IFRS 9 requirements and the accounting policies that are compliant with them. They will also learn the concepts and methods used to evaluate credit losses and to propose effective responses to risks.
- Definition of financial risks and operational risks
- Relationship between financial statements and financial risks
- Recognition criteria of Financial Instruments.
- Summary of IAS 39 requirements
- Business Model criteria and definition.
- Classification of Financial Assets and Financial
- Liabilities under IFRS 9.
- Measurement of financial assets and Financial Liabilities.
- Subsequent Measurement of Financial assets and Financial Liabilities.
- Amortized cost and recognition of interest.
- Impairment of Financial assets including loan commitments
- De-recognition criteria
- Hedge accounting and requirements.
- Presentation and disclosures
- Effective date and transition.
- Examples and cases
Date: Starting 19 Sep.
Time: 07:00 PM - 09:00 PM
Total Duration: 12 Hours
Duration: 2 Hours per day (Sunday/Wednesday)